Psychiatrist in Singapore
Finding a suitable Psychiatrist in Singapore may seem daunting at first. However, if you consider the following factors, it might not be so. It is our aim to provide the most relevant information on the Psychiatrist practice in Singapore. In here you could find a Listing of Psychiatrists in Singapore. There is also an Article page that provides information about Psychiatrist practice.
Finding a suitable Psychiatrist is like finding a suitable coach to improve your tennis skills, for e.g. Following are factors to consider before finding a suitable psychiatrist:
1) Get a referral letter from your General Practitioner (GP). Your GP is your gate keeper and recommend you to suitable Psychiatrist specialist.
2) Make it clear to your doctor whether you are comfortable to see a male or female Psychiatrist.
3) Your first Psychiatrist might not be ‘the ‘ Psychiatrist that suits you. Do not be disheartened. You may have to look beyond the 1st one.
4) Bring up the privacy issue on your first appointment. This is a form of self-assurance.
5) It is always good to look at the cost.
In general, following are the conditions that may be treated by a Psychiatrist:
- Alcohol Abuse and Dependence
- Anger Management and Impulse Control
- Anxiety Disorders
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Child and Adolescent Disorder
- Eating disorder
- Forensic Psychiatry
- Geriatric Psychiatry
- Grief and Loss
- Inter-personal relationship difficulties
- Learning difficulties and childhood anxiety disorder
- Menopausal Psychological Conditions
- Mood disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress
- Pregnancy Related Psychological Conditions
- Psychosexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress and Adjustment Disorders
- Trauma and Abuse.